- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Nearly New Cars
- New Renault Captur Crossover
- Kia Unveil CUB Concept Ahead Of 2013 Seoul Motor Show
- Lifestyle Kia Do The Harlem Shake For Comic Relief
- Lifestyle Europe Win At The AM Awards
- New SEAT Leon Visits Brighton
- Lifestyle Renault Horley - Coming Soon!
- New Renault Captur Revealed
- New Ford Focus ST
- New Ford Transit Custom
- New Ford B-Max
- Safe, Reliable, Eco-Friendly-Motoring
- Less Is More With Lifestyle Ford
- New Renault Scenic Prices Revealed
- New Ford EcoSport Revealed
- Extension Of Government's Electric Vehicle Grant Scheme
- Computer Recycling Charity Sources Van From Lifestyle Renault
- Lifestyle Europe To Support Eagles In 2012's Speedway League
- Drive Safely This Winter With Lifestyle Europe
- How Mazda's Digital Servicing Record Adds Value
- Renault Fluence | The Car For Tomorrow Now...
- Subaru BRZ Concept STi
- How New Engines Simplify Production
- Ford Fiesta ST Concept Spied
- Mazda TAKERI Concept To Premier In Tokyo
- Renault Launches Clio Renaultsport 200 Raider
- Renault Reveals Twizy Pricing And Specification
- Ford's New Door Edge Protector Revealed
- World Premier For Mazda CX-5
- Ford Reveals Fiesta ST Concept At Frankfurt
- Subaru Launches New XV At Frankfurt Motor Show
- Mazda Develops New Regenerative Braking System
- Contact Us
World Premier for Mazda CX-5
Keep Me Informed
Mazda Motor Corporation celebrated the world premiere of its all-new Mazda CX-5 compact crossover SUV at the Frankfurt Motor Show today (Tuesday 13 September). The CX-5 is the first of a new generation of Mazda products that will adopt the full range of Mazda's breakthrough SKYACTIV Technology and the new design theme, 'KODO - Soul of Motion'.
Mazda CX-5 will go on sale in the UK next year, featuring all-new gasoline and diesel engines, all-new manual and automatic transmissions, plus an all-new bodyshell, new suspension and a choice of two- or four-wheel drive - evolving Mazda's hallmark fun-to-drive attributes to a new and higher level.
The 4.5-metre long CX-5's exterior design features bold styling - inspired by the rapid acceleration and turning achieved by animals like the cheetah - that simultaneously expresses SUV-like solidity and functionality with Mazda's characteristic sense of vitality and agility.
Mazda CX-5 will be one of the lightest and most aerodynamic vehicles in its class (Cd 0.33), which contributes to its outstanding fuel economy and low CO2 emissions. Mazda's engineers have focused on achieving exceptional environmental performance for a compact SUV. Each engine has a record-breaking compression ratio of 14:1 for ideal efficiency and each will feature Mazda's fuel saving 'i-stop' system, now with a faster reacting control system.
The engine line-up for CX-5 will include Mazda's SKYACTIV-G 2.0 direct-injection petrol engine (165ps/210Nm) and its SKYACTIV-D 2.2 diesel engine with a two-stage turbocharger available with two outputs 150ps/380Nm and 175ps/420Nm.
Targeted fuel consumption and CO2 emissions for the CX-5 models with front-wheel drive and manual transmission are 47.1mpg / 139g/km (petrol) and 62.8mpg / 119g/km for the 150ps diesel. The diesel engines meet Euro 6 emissions standards without the need for an expensive NOx after-treatment system.
Measuring 4,540mm long, 1,840mm wide and 1,670mm high with a 2,700mm wheelbase, CX-5 will have generous front legroom, class-leading 997mm rear legroom and a cavernous boot (500 litres with the rear seats upright). Easy-to-use Karakuri functionality features the world's first 40/20/40 split independent rear seats. The spacious driver-oriented cabin, together with higher quality trim, improved ergonomics, enhanced equipment and lower noise levels, ensures an enjoyable and rewarding driving experience.
European premiere for Mazda3 Upgrade
Making its European premiere alongside the CX-5 on Mazda's stand at Frankfurt Show was the new upgraded version of Mazda's best-selling model, the Mazda3, promising more dynamism and less CO2. Mazda3 Upgrade has more muscular visual appeal with a new front bumper designed for exceptional aerodynamic performance, a revised rear bumper and new twist-spoke alloy wheel designs. Inside, premium materials, new seat trims and the consistent use of white graphics in the Multi-Information Display (MID) and the sporty twin-meter dials, further enhance the driver orientated cockpit. Measures have also been taken to reduce road and wind noise for a quieter cabin for all to enjoy.
Fuel economy is enhanced thanks to the model's refined aerodynamics and handling is improved, with the upgraded Mazda3 delivering a more consistent and linear driving feel.