- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Nearly New Cars
- New Renault Captur Crossover
- Kia Unveil CUB Concept Ahead Of 2013 Seoul Motor Show
- Lifestyle Kia Do The Harlem Shake For Comic Relief
- Lifestyle Europe Win At The AM Awards
- New SEAT Leon Visits Brighton
- Lifestyle Renault Horley - Coming Soon!
- New Renault Captur Revealed
- New Ford Focus ST
- New Ford Transit Custom
- New Ford B-Max
- Safe, Reliable, Eco-Friendly-Motoring
- Less Is More With Lifestyle Ford
- New Renault Scenic Prices Revealed
- New Ford EcoSport Revealed
- Extension Of Government's Electric Vehicle Grant Scheme
- Computer Recycling Charity Sources Van From Lifestyle Renault
- Lifestyle Europe To Support Eagles In 2012's Speedway League
- Drive Safely This Winter With Lifestyle Europe
- How Mazda's Digital Servicing Record Adds Value
- Renault Fluence | The Car For Tomorrow Now...
- Subaru BRZ Concept STi
- How New Engines Simplify Production
- Ford Fiesta ST Concept Spied
- Mazda TAKERI Concept To Premier In Tokyo
- Renault Launches Clio Renaultsport 200 Raider
- Renault Reveals Twizy Pricing And Specification
- Ford's New Door Edge Protector Revealed
- World Premier For Mazda CX-5
- Ford Reveals Fiesta ST Concept At Frankfurt
- Subaru Launches New XV At Frankfurt Motor Show
- Mazda Develops New Regenerative Braking System
- Contact Us
Safe, Reliable, Eco-Friendly-Motoring
Renault Twizy | Keep Me Informed
This year sees the motoring world shaken up, with Renault launching a range of eco-friendly electric vehicles. Marking the beginning of the electric vehicle revolution, the Renault Twizy, available now from Lifestyle Renault Brighton, brings ground-breaking design together with eco-friendly and affordable technology.
“The Renault Twizy is perhaps one of the most eagerly anticipated electric vehicles in the motor industry,” says Declan Kilpatrick, General Manager for Lifestyle Renault Brighton. “Available from only £6,690 including VAT, Renault brings affordable electric vehicle ownership to Brighton. The inventive two-seater design allows for a protective and comfortable drive – ideal for traveling in urban environments, such as Brighton’s bustling city centre. Created for maximum mobility, the Twizy’s compact design is really small - just 2.34m by 1.24m, which makes it easier to manoeuvre in traffic, far more successfully than a conventional motor-vehicle.”
The Renault Twizy makes its debut in the UK in April – and some of the first cars are available at Lifestyle Renault, Carden Avenue, Brighton. It is the ideal car for city and town motoring. With a nimble, practical design, the Renault Twizy is available in a number of low-power options, making insurance, running and maintenance costs exceptionally low. All models come with a high safety specification as standard, which includes a driver’s airbag, four-point driver harness and a three point passenger seatbelt. With two different engines, and three different style options, the Renault Twizy can be designed to suit your own unique tastes.
Unlike a conventional car, the Twizy is categorised as a quadracycle, whilst still designed to the same high specification as the rest of the Renault motor-vehicle range. As a quadracycle though, there are additional benefits for the driver. The lower-powered of the two versions, at 4kW 5bhp, is restricted to a top speed of 28mph. This means there is no obligation to hold a driver’s license for this vehicle, making it a perfect choice for young drivers looking to gain road experience. For those who require more power, a 13kW, 17bhp model with a top speed of 50mph can also be chosen, still with incredibly low insurance.
Setting the Renault apart from competitor electric vehicles, the Twizy is chargeable off the homes electrical supply, with no special charging points required. And what’s more, it only takes 3 ½ hours for a full charging cycle. To get the most from the electricity, Renault also enlisted its team of Renault Sport F1 specialists. With expertise in the F1 KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System), invaluable guidance and technologies have been developed to allow owners to get the most from their Twizy.
With high acceleration and torque, the compact two-seater is more agile than a car within town, and can fit into smaller parking spaces. The lightweight design, weighing in at only 450kg, also allows the Twizy to travel over 60 miles on both the standard and urban cycle. And whilst comparable to scooters, the Renault Twizy is far safer for the driver and passenger, with four wheels, optional doors, and increased driver technology.
“The Renault Twizy is the ideal car for our Brighton-based customers” continues Kilpatrick. “As a diverse and forward-thinking city adopting more eco-friendly living, the Twizy perfectly complements the green ideologies of the city. Not only does it emit no C02, it is almost silent, compact, low-cost, and overall, a quirky, good-looking design.”
For more information on the Renault Twizy and to book a test-drive, visit your local Lifestyle Renault on Brighton’s Carden Avenue. Alternatively, please visit www.lifestylerenault.co.uk, or call the dealership on 01273 274433.