- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Nearly New Cars
- New Renault Captur Crossover
- Kia Unveil CUB Concept Ahead Of 2013 Seoul Motor Show
- Lifestyle Kia Do The Harlem Shake For Comic Relief
- Lifestyle Europe Win At The AM Awards
- New SEAT Leon Visits Brighton
- Lifestyle Renault Horley - Coming Soon!
- New Renault Captur Revealed
- New Ford Focus ST
- New Ford Transit Custom
- New Ford B-Max
- Safe, Reliable, Eco-Friendly-Motoring
- Less Is More With Lifestyle Ford
- New Renault Scenic Prices Revealed
- New Ford EcoSport Revealed
- Extension Of Government's Electric Vehicle Grant Scheme
- Computer Recycling Charity Sources Van From Lifestyle Renault
- Lifestyle Europe To Support Eagles In 2012's Speedway League
- Drive Safely This Winter With Lifestyle Europe
- How Mazda's Digital Servicing Record Adds Value
- Renault Fluence | The Car For Tomorrow Now...
- Subaru BRZ Concept STi
- How New Engines Simplify Production
- Ford Fiesta ST Concept Spied
- Mazda TAKERI Concept To Premier In Tokyo
- Renault Launches Clio Renaultsport 200 Raider
- Renault Reveals Twizy Pricing And Specification
- Ford's New Door Edge Protector Revealed
- World Premier For Mazda CX-5
- Ford Reveals Fiesta ST Concept At Frankfurt
- Subaru Launches New XV At Frankfurt Motor Show
- Mazda Develops New Regenerative Braking System
- Contact Us
New Ford EcoSport Revealed
Keep me Informed
This is the Ford EcoSport, a Ford Fiesta-based SUV that has been revealed ahead of its motor show debut at the Delhi Auto Expo tomorrow. It is the latest global Ford to be built under the ‘One Ford’ policy.
The Ford EcoSport will be one of the first Fords to get the firm’s new turbocharged three-cylinder 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine. The version of this engine in the EcoSport produces 118bhp and 125lb ft of torque.
The five-door EcoSport gets chunky, technical styling, and a very space-efficient interior. A large trapezoidal front grille dominates the front-end, while the front headlights are slimmer and more technical than on the Fiesta, drawing inspiration from the Ford Evos concept from Frankfurt.
The lower front bumper and side sills get cladding, while there are also muscular wheel arches and a fixed spare wheel at the back to further emphasise its off-road intentions. The roof gets chrome rails and the rear side windows has the familiar Ford upwards kink in the window line.
The Delhi launch for the EcoSport is significant, as it will be the first market to get the new Ford. The Delhi show is also growing in significance itself, with Ford keen to launch big models there again in the future. Jaguar Land Rover also pulled out of Detroit this year to solely focus on the Delhi expo.
The EcoSport is the first model to be developed at Camacari, Brazil, a Ford base with growing significance.