- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Nearly New Cars
- New Renault Captur Crossover
- Kia Unveil CUB Concept Ahead Of 2013 Seoul Motor Show
- Lifestyle Kia Do The Harlem Shake For Comic Relief
- Lifestyle Europe Win At The AM Awards
- New SEAT Leon Visits Brighton
- Lifestyle Renault Horley - Coming Soon!
- New Renault Captur Revealed
- New Ford Focus ST
- New Ford Transit Custom
- New Ford B-Max
- Safe, Reliable, Eco-Friendly-Motoring
- Less Is More With Lifestyle Ford
- New Renault Scenic Prices Revealed
- New Ford EcoSport Revealed
- Extension Of Government's Electric Vehicle Grant Scheme
- Computer Recycling Charity Sources Van From Lifestyle Renault
- Lifestyle Europe To Support Eagles In 2012's Speedway League
- Drive Safely This Winter With Lifestyle Europe
- How Mazda's Digital Servicing Record Adds Value
- Renault Fluence | The Car For Tomorrow Now...
- Subaru BRZ Concept STi
- How New Engines Simplify Production
- Ford Fiesta ST Concept Spied
- Mazda TAKERI Concept To Premier In Tokyo
- Renault Launches Clio Renaultsport 200 Raider
- Renault Reveals Twizy Pricing And Specification
- Ford's New Door Edge Protector Revealed
- World Premier For Mazda CX-5
- Ford Reveals Fiesta ST Concept At Frankfurt
- Subaru Launches New XV At Frankfurt Motor Show
- Mazda Develops New Regenerative Braking System
- Contact Us
Lifestyle Europe to Support Eagles in 2012's Speedway League
Keep me Informed
The Eastbourne Eagles speedway team are delighted with the news that Lifestyle Europe has announced that it is to continue its support as their main sponsor in 2012. This follows a fantastic season which resulted in the squad reaching the Elite League Championship Finals.
“With another terrific season of results, placing the Eagles second in the highest British speedway league, we are proud to say we will remain the Eastbourne Eagles sponsor for a third season” said Peter Isted, Managing Director of Lifestyle Europe. “We have enjoyed supporting the Eastbourne Eagles for the last few years, seeing them improve and develop as a team. It is such a fun and exciting sport to watch, and I’ve got to say... we’ve all become hooked!”
For the less familiar, speedway is the fast, thrilling, white-knuckle motorcycle racing sport, where riders skilfully race without brakes, with limited suspension and huge accelerations, competing against three other racers for the pole position. Dependent on their position in each race to gain points for their team, the competition is fierce. In the Elite League, the best riders from around the world come together to compete.
“We are thrilled that Lifestyle has decided to remain our primary sponsor for 2012” explains Cameron Woodward, the Eastbourne Eagle’s team captain. “This year we have all worked incredibly hard, demonstrated by our results, and making it into the finals for the first time in nine years. With the support of Lifestyle Europe, we hope to remain at the top again. And who knows, next year we could be the winners.”
Throughout the 2011 season, the Eastbourne Eagles fought off rivals, battling their way back to the top. “The team deserve a massive pat on the back” explains team manager, Trevor Greer. “It wasn’t all smooth sailing this year. Following a horrific crash in the summer, Czeck favourite, Lukas Dryml was unable to compete for the remainder of the season. The decision was then made to keep the team going with the six remaining riders, so coming second has been a huge achievement.”
The Eastbourne Eagles team lost narrowly in the finals to the Poole Pirate victors, winning the first home-leg with an 8 point lead. Unfortunately, speedway favourites the Pirates managed to gain back the advantage, winning 98-85 to the Eagles.
With the next season beginning on the 17th March, the Arlington based club is still yet to announce its 2012 line up. With a fantastic 2011 over, 2012 looks to continue the teams winning streak.
For more information on Eastbourne’s Lifestyle Eagles or to follow the team, please visit Eastbourne Eagles